Friday, May 15, 2020

MY THOUGHTS MY WORDS (Ebunife Notes)


When I want to study the Bible, I prefer those with words spoken by Jesus written in red.
Why?
As I turn the pages of the Bible, those red colours warm my heart as I know they are words spoken directly from Jesus' mouth when He was on earth.
I am actually used to the King James version of the Bible so I'm used to Jesus words in red.

Anyway there's more to this.

There's no fear when Jesus speaks. We sense love, compassion, peace in His words. Then I wonder why should we promote fear?
As children of God, we are to be as He is. The Bible says to let our words be seasoned with salt (Colossians 4:6)

When we speak, does the hearer(s) want to hear more or wants to leave?
How can we speak like Jesus?

Our thoughts influence our words, and what we feed our mind influence our thoughts.
We have direction from the Bible on what to feed our minds with.
Please turn with me to Philippians 4:8

    Philippians 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.


The word of God is best to think upon.

To talk like Jesus, we need to fill our thoughts with God's word. Meditate on the word of God consistently.


Love you but Christ Jesus loves the most.

***

Written by: O-Lawal Esther


Picture source: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Still Believe (Movie)

       Have you heard about Jeremy camp and Melissa Henning? You've got to hear their story. Watch the movie I STILL BELIEVE.      Peopl...